Roasted Potato Medley
- 3/4 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes (1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Place all cubed potatoes in a glass bowl with 1/4 cup water. Partially cook for 2 minutes in microwave; or boil/steam for 5 minutes on stove top. Potatoes should still be firm.
- Mix together turmeric, salt, and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle on potatoes and toss until spices are evenly mixed.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat (the oil should be hot but not smoking). Add the seasoned potato pieces and garlic to skillet. Cook over medium-low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking, until potatoes become golden and crisp. (Alternatively, you can spread the potatoes and garlic on a dark baking sheet and bake at 425 F until crisp.)
- Add green onions, stir, and serve.