- 7 ounces of best-quality semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 cups whole milk 4-5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup water
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, put the milk, sugar and water.
- Ask an adult helper to cook it over medium heat until it begins to boil.
- Whisk in the chopped chocolate. Whisk briskly until it's thick and smooth.
- Serve while it's hot and frothy
- (This is a special treat for chocolate lovers on cold winter days Serve with an oatmeal and raisin cookie.) You could substitute semi-sweet chocolate chips and 2% milk if you wish.