A Milwaukee Tradition - The Great TV Auction - Turns 50!
Starts April 27, 2018
Broadcast live on Milwaukee PBS channel 36 to thousands of Southeastern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois viewers and seen by thousands more via live streaming on milwaukeepbs.org.
The 50th Anniversary Great TV Auction will be held over two consecutive weekends (Friday-Sunday) beginning the weekend of April 27-29, 2018 and concluding the weekend of May 4-6, 2018.
For the first time in the history of the Great TV Auction, every item featured on-air will be available for online bidding!
The generosity of Auction bidders allows us to provide our viewers informative, inspiring, and entertaining national programs;
- The Vietnam War
- Masterpiece Mystery
- Antiques Roadshow
Great children's series;
- Sesame Street
- Curious George
- Pinkalicious and Peteriffic
- Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
- Odd Squad
- Wild Kratts
And most importantly our Award-winning Local Shows
- Around the Corner with John McGivern
- Black Nouveau
- The Arts Page
- Outdoor Wisconsin
New Array of Featured Items
One of the nations's leading PBS auctions in prime-time viewer ratings and net revenue, the 50th Anniversary Great TV Auction offers bidders an array of items including:
- City of Neighborhoods - introducing viewers to local events and businesses to encourage exploration of Milwaukee neighborhoods and celebrating the Great TV Auction's return to Milwaukee's Downtown.
- Wisconsin WOW! - highlighting the various travel destinations in Wisconsin and the businesses, cultural events, and attractions that make them special.
- Milwaukee PBS Neighborhoods - showcasing a variety of communities in Southeastern Wisconsin.
Favorite returning features
- Milwaukee PBS EATS - connecting our viewership with the great restaurants, wineries, brewers, and artisan food producers and merchants from across the state.
- John McGivern Night - May 5 - Around the Corner fanatics thrill at the chance to follow John's footsteps around Wisconsin, bidding on special on-air presentations while John hosts the Auction.
The Auction will feature plenty of new merchandise, certificates for services, theater and cultural attractions, and original and print art. All to be auctioned-off to viewers bidding via telephone and online.