Letters from Bohdan Zachary
January 1, 2017
So many of us take this month to change, to improve, or make a fresh start for ourselves, and we are no exception.
Over the course of our 60 years in service, we’ve been many names. Channels 10 and 36. Milwaukee Public Television (MPTV). And now, you know us as Milwaukee PBS. Our new name is befitting for southeastern Wisconsin’s public television station, representing the balance of highly regarded national and local programming to over 1 million people in our viewing area.
A new name and a new look for the station is just the beginning. Here’s just a sampling of what you’ll see coming from Milwaukee PBS in 2017:
- PBS Kids Channel – a 24 hour per day broadcast and streaming of children’s programs debuts on January 16th on Milwaukee PBS Channel 10.3 and online.
- Victoria on Masterpiece – the highly anticipated new drama series about the epic life of Queen Victoria premieres on January 15th.
- Season 6 of Around the Corner with John McGivern – John and the crew visit 12 new communities, and even take us “Around the Map” to local interests all over the place that we love. Tune in January 5th to explore Eagle River.
- Early Childhood Care Initiative – launching in February as a collaboration between Milwaukee Area Technical College and community education organizations as a way to bring the essential resources and tools to parents as they ready children for entering the schoolroom.
- MilwaukeePBS.org – our new website launching in a few weeks, featuring new navigation to your favorite programs, dedicated pages to local programming and content and engaging online activities for viewers.
We look forward to what your investment in Milwaukee PBS will make possible in 2017. On behalf of all of us at the station, best wishes for a prosperous 2017.
Kim Sosa Bohdan Zachary
Director of Membership General Manager